Empowering the Development of Genomics Expertise
EDGE bioinformatics is intended to help truly democratize the use of Next Generation Sequencing for exploring genomes and metagenomes. Given that bioinformatic analysis is now the rate limiting factor in genomics, we developed EDGE bioinformatics with a user-friendly interface that allows scientists to perform a number of tailored analyses using many cutting-edge tools. This website is available for use with publicly available data, while local stand-alone implementations can accommodate data generated on-site for immediate analysis, eliminating the need to move large datasets.
Features of EDGE
- No need for high-level bioinformaticists
- Allow users to address a wide range of use cases including the assembly/annotation and comparison of novel genomes, and the characterization of complex clinical or environmental samples
- Can present the results of several taxonomy classification tools for easy comparison
- Focus on accurate and rapid analysis
- Enables sequencing as a solution in facilities where human-resources, space, bandwidth, and time are limited
- EDGE Bioinformatics is built around a collection of publicly available, open-source software packaged or in-house developed tools/algorithms/scripts that form six mainly independent modules
- The current version of EDGE pipeline has been extensively tested on Linux platforms with Ubuntu 14.04 and CentOS 6/7 operation system and will only work on 64bit Linux environments
- Due to the involvement of several memory/time consuming steps, we normally recommend computers with at least 16GB memory and 8 CPUs, though we typically use on servers with a minimum of 128GB memory with 16 CPUs
Download & Updates
Please check our LANL-Bioinformatics GitHub site.